Web Developer Position Details
Part-Time, 24 hrs/week, M-F
Paid Vacation & Sick Time, 401(k)
We are looking for a web developer to work on our clients' websites and other web-based projects as needed. This role is expected to bring an eye for design, along with practical web development abilities. Our ideal candidate will work closely with our graphic designers and account managers to bring life to our clients' brands, product information and collateral, and other website content.
- Create wireframes and mockup revamps for new site pages.
- Implement designs and incorporate back-end systems using various platforms.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates, account managers, designers, and other project stakeholders.
- Work effectively alongside project managers, hitting all deadlines and improving efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of quality web development.
- Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve our website experience for prospects, leads, and customers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices.
- Familiarity with web code and design standards for writing clean, semantic code such as HTML, CSS, PHP, and other standard web coding languages.
- Experience integrating complex designs and systems using WYSIWYG editors (e.g. Squarespace, Wix)
- Certification or strong experience with more complex content management systems and back-end platforms (e.g. Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento).
- Knowledge and/or ability to learn tech-based platforms (e.g. G Suite, MailChimp, WHM, cPanel, Stripe, DNS Management Systems)
- Ability to create and/or work with platforms that allow for responsive webpages for mobile, tablet, and desktop. Your work must appeal to all three.
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends, including emerging best practices in the UI/UX community.
- Basic skills with Apple Macintosh OS.
- Develop and implement front-end web code and design standards for writing clean, semantic code such as HTML, CSS, PHP, and other standard web coding languages.
- Basic graphic design skill and the ability to utilize graphic design softwares such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or other similar technologies.
- A basic level of marketing knowledge, including:
- Awareness of Inbound Marketing & Content Marketing strategies
- Awareness of Marketing Campaign creation and management
- Awareness of the development process of Content Marketing assets such as calendars for social media, blog posts, video, etc.